Reports to: Creative Marketing Lead
Role Type: Part-time to start, with an opportunity for full-time
Location: In Office at Brantford, Ontario
Start Date: Jan 24, 2022
We’re looking for a Digital Content Specialist to join our growing in-house team. The ideal candidate will take the reins and play a key role in building our brands today and in the future. This is your opportunity to be a part of an innovative and transformational team that's not afraid to roll up its sleeves and push the boundaries to get results.
We are digital-first, fast-moving, and bold-thinking.
And we live and breathe our core values (innovation, impact, integrity, community, simplicity, and fun) day in and day out. They’re ingrained into everything we do.
Not only is our business strong and growing, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about one another, our individual and team accomplishments, and working in an environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and impact.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you are, just know that it’s noisy out there. And we need YOU to help us stand out.
The successful Digital Content Specialist is responsible for coming up with creative ideas, filming, recording, and maybe even publishing digital video content for a variety of platforms and channels. We’re talking about all the things. And, not only that, we’re looking for someone that’s not afraid to direct people where to go, what to do, or what to say to get the perfect shot.
Bottom line… You’re a team player and a natural storyteller with amazing video skills to create content that stops the scroll interrupts the patterns and gets people to frantically tap that link.
If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Areas of Responsibility Main Role and Leadership
(what does this role need to do and achieve):
- Ideates, directs, captures, produces, designs, and edits videos for various channels and formats (from micro-social to the big screen).
- Leverages multiple video styles from high-end productions with epic shots to guerilla-style Streeter videos to blooper reels to training videos.
- Stays tapped into the latest “trends” and proactively suggests new and creative ways to “tell our story” and expand our audience reach for both brands.
- Creates engaging storylines, storyboards, and, ultimately, professional-looking video productions that leave viewers feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
- Takes complicated, techy stuff and makes it interesting, comprehensive, and, most importantly, fun — all through video.
- Collaborates well with others, including our super talented in-house Marketing, Customer Success, and Design Teams.
- Assists in the production of digital live streams.
- Manages media assets and archiving on all company projects (yawn, we know, but part of the job).
Specific Success Criteria / Outcomes (outcomes responsible for hitting):
- Brings creative ideas to the team and brands on a regular basis.
- Project manages video productions through the entire process, from idea to completion.
- Actively participates in the feedback loop, meaning you accept constructive feedback with open arms, but are willing to push back when you know your creative idea will rock!
- Effectively identifies priorities and meets deadlines.
- Consistently maintains high quality and excellence for all video productions.
- Follow brand guidelines (for multiple brands).
- Maintains and reviews video equipment and in-office studio.
- Stays up-to-date with video editing software, equipment, SEO for video, accessibility standards PLUS all the socials (Instagram videos, TikTok, the whole shebang)
Functional Skills (specific expertise):
- Real-world videography and production experience. We’ll want to check out your demo reel.
- Deep understanding of the video production process: directing, filming, interviewing, storyboarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media.
- Digital media production skills: photography and videography, camera operation, sound, lighting, and quality sound capture.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or other relevant suites of programs. This includes how to create videos using all the bells and whistles on social networks.
- Strong understanding of pre-production as well as post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow. VCR is not a requirement.
- Must be extremely organized and able to successfully meet multiple deadlines at once.
- Comfortable with G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc), Airtable, and Asana.
- Audio post-production experience is a plus (recording, mixing, scoring, etc).
- The ability to communicate needs in a clear, professional, and productive fashion.
- Proven range of both pre-production and post-production skills.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated. Our team is built up of go-getters and people who own it.
- Experience with animation, motion graphics, and video effects software is considered an asset.
- Experience in SaaS, digital information business, training, or education is considered an asset.
Leadership and Execution Behaviours for this Role:
- Time management skills for a deadline-driven environment.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creative thinker.
- A passion for multimedia content production and eagerness to learn new tech.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle many tasks concurrently.
- IMPACT - The reason we do what we do.
- We impact businesses, communities, and the world in a better way. We recognize that the ultimate indicator of our success is when our team and communities achieve their full potential.
- INTEGRITY - We do what we say we are going to do.
- We are honest, ethical, and are respectful in all our interactions. We keep our word, deliver on our promises, and acknowledge our mistakes. We strive for excellence while providing products and services that create a positive global impact.
- INNOVATION - We do cool stuff that’s never been done before.
- We believe in innovation as a mindset. We are leaders that create the way forward. We generate ideas that go beyond the status quo. We recognize the need for new or modified approaches and champion them.
- COMMUNITY - We are better together.
- We love and respect our people and think of them as friends and family. We believe in celebrating the success of our communities and embracing our imperfections. We live and work passionately. We highlight the power of giving to encourage and inspire others to pay it forward.
- FUN - We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We believe fun should be a part of everything we do. We love laughter and have a passion for promoting work-life integration. We encourage time to play, exercise, socialize, or relax.
- SIMPLICITY - Less is more.
- We love to make life and business simple and amazing. Think efficiently, streamline and cut out the hassle without cutting corners.
Prior Work Experience and Education Required:
- Experience in videography and editing
- Digital photographer
- Social media management and content creation
- Contacts within the industry an asset
View our products at: