Reports to: Operations Manager
Role type: Part-time to start, with an opportunity for full-time
Location: In office (Brantford, Ontario)
Start date: February 1, 2022
Role Summary Description:
We’re looking for an HR Assistant to join our growing global remote team. The ideal candidate understands what is needed to support a global team and will take the reins and play a key role in building out HR processes, policies, procedures, and cultural best practices. This is your opportunity to be a part of an innovative and transformational team that's not afraid to roll up its sleeves and push the boundaries to get results.
We are digital-first, fast-moving, and bold-thinking.
And we live and breathe our core values (innovation, impact, integrity, community, simplicity, and fun) day in and day out. They’re ingrained into everything we do.
Not only is our business strong and growing, but so is our culture. We are currently a team in 6 countries. We genuinely care about one another, our individual and team accomplishments, and working in an environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and impact.
Areas of Responsibility Main Role and Leadership
HR Policies and Procedures
- assist with the formulation and implementation of human resource policies and procedures
- advise and assist employees with understanding human resource policies and procedures
Recruitment and Hiring
- assist with creating and posting job vacancies
- receive and review job applications
- schedule interviews and assessments
- collect and verify candidate information including background checks
- provide feedback to job candidates regarding the hiring process
- administer and process new hire paperwork
- coordinate orientation of new employees and contractors
- coordinate performance appraisals
- organize training and coaching
- assist with the provision of team member health & wellness benefits and other HR services
- the record performance, grievance, and disciplinary information
- assist with the termination process including paperwork, notifications to relevant departments, and exit interviews
Employee Database Management
- maintain and process accurate and complete HR and team member records
- respond to requests for data
- select relevant data and compile HR reports including statistical summaries, charts, graphs, and surveys
- handle incoming emails
- manage HR schedules and calendars
- schedule meetings
- prepare and distribute correspondence and communications
- plan and coordinate team member events such as recognition awards
- assist with budget administration and tracking
- ensure smooth flow of information between employees, contractors, and Human Resources
- respond to inquiries and requests from employees
- act as an advocate for employees
- convey employee concerns and issues to management
Payroll and Benefits
- assist with benefits enrollment of employees when eligible and cessation of benefits on termination of employment
- input and track vacation and sick leave
- collect time and attendance records
- conduct salary surveys
- assist employees and contractors with payroll related questions
- promote employee compliance with HR mandated processes and systems
- monitor adherence to labour laws and employment regulations
Specific Success Criteria / Outcomes :
- Brings innovative and fun ideas to the Operations Manager on a regular basis.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and close the loop on tasks and projects.
- Ability to think ahead and effectively identify priorities and meet deadlines.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with nice capabilities in Google suite, Asana, Airtable, and Slack.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Leadership and Execution Behaviours for this Role:
- Time management skills for a deadline-driven environment.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creative, strategic, and innovative thinker.
- A passion for people and company culture and eagerness to learn new tech.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle many tasks concurrently.
- Motivate and support team members to achieve results
- Compassion and creating a safe environment so that communication and ideas flow freely, and issues can be surfaced to help us have the best execution
- Inclusive decision-making.
- Communicating expectations EARLY and upfront
- IMPACT - The reason we do what we do.
- We impact businesses, communities, and the world in a better way. We recognize that the ultimate indicator of our success is when our team and communities achieve their full potential.
- INTEGRITY - We do what we say we are going to do.
- We are honest, ethical, and are respectful in all our interactions. We keep our word, deliver on our promises, and acknowledge our mistakes. We strive for excellence while providing products and services that create a positive global impact.
- INNOVATION - We do cool stuff that’s never been done before.
- We believe in innovation as a mindset. We are leaders that create the way forward. We generate ideas that go beyond the status quo. We recognize the need for new or modified approaches and champion them.
- COMMUNITY - We are better together.
- We love and respect our people and think of them as friends and family. We believe in celebrating the success of our communities and embracing our imperfections. We live and work passionately. We highlight the power of giving to encourage and inspire others to pay it forward.
- FUN - We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We believe fun should be a part of everything we do. We love laughter and have a passion for promoting work-life integration. We encourage time to play, exercise, socialize, or relax.
- SIMPLICITY - Less is more.
- We love to make life and business simple and amazing. Think efficiently, streamline and cut out the hassle without cutting corners.
Prior Work Experience and Education Required:
- Worked with a remote team (nice to have but not necessary)
- Degree in Human Resources or related work experience
- working knowledge of recruitment procedures
- general knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- basic working knowledge of labour law and employment best practices
View our products at: